Saturday 19 March 2011

The Fragrance of our Wedding Day

We decided to buy new perfumes for the wedding rather than wearing our current every day favourites.  That way, when we wear them again for special occasions we will remember our wedding day.

After smelling great, the criteria for the perfumes was that they had to be green (of course!  I really am obsessed with the colour!) for the photos - I have seen some lovely detail photos of the perfume bottles during the preparation phase of the day.

When I started researching the perfumes, I did get a slightly funny look from the woman who offered help in Debenhams when I said I was looking for a green perfume, it turned out there actually are a lot of green coloured perfumes out there!

A few were a more pastelly green colour, D&G, Prada and Dior...


Some were closer to the colour I wanted, L'occitane, Lancome and Chanel...


But none of them had quite the right smell for me, I don't like overly flowery or sweet scents.  I prefer sea aromas and musky style perfumes.  I do already have a couple of perfumes that would match my colour scheme, Be Delicious by DKNY and Vera Wang Bouquet.  Vera Wang was almost chosen as my wedding fragrance as it's lovely and is called bouquet and, well, it's Vera!  But as I already wear this on many nights out, it wouldn't smell special enough on the day.


My other usual favourites are Paul Smith Woman, Armani Aqua Di Gioia and Carolina Herrera 212, none of which are green.


I have recently discovered Inis as well but have only been able to find it in Northern Ireland (or online where it is much more expensive) and I love it, it's a very fresh scent based on the Sea, similar to Aqua Di Gioia.


In the end, I found this perfume by Chloe, which is actually the perfect olive green colour and smells wonderful!


It has "Capucine for freshness, Sage for sophistication and White Musk for softness".  It also comes in a simple stylish bottle which I know will look great in a photo.


As for Nik's scent, he usually wears Paul Smith Men which is also green but again, wouldn't be special enough as he wears it most days already.




I found a few scents for him to try but only one stood out for both of us!  The green ones I found for men were Chanel, Givenchy and Calvin Klein...


The one we both loved the smell of was this one from Gucci which turns out to be another one of those Sea type scents I love!  "Inspired by the free spirit and power of the ocean, the scent of Gucci by Gucci SPORT Pour Homme evokes the freedom of the outdoors and the desire for play. It is both fresh and refreshing, yet the unique construction of this fragrance ensures that it is also well-rounded and complex"....



And I found this very cool photo of it hanging from a chain when searching online for an image...

Photo by Diver and Aguilar 
http://www.diveraguilar.com/blog/

Post Wedding Update:

Screen grab from our wonderful wedding highlights film by Cherry Tree Films
 

We didn't get a photo of Nik's perfume on the day but got one when I did my studio shoot...


2 comments:

Kirsty | A Safe Mooring said...

Hi Bex just to let you know I've replied to your comment on my blog x

P.S. I am LOVING the fact that you've colour-coordinated your perfume to your wedding colours - a girl after my own heart...

Bex said...

:) Thanks Kirsty! Invite received, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100