Thursday 5 July 2012

Anniversary Dinner - What I wore

On Tuesday we headed out after work for a lovely meal at Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery (more about that and the yummy food later!).  I was a bit un-organised as I was working late that night (although I had arranged a late start on Wed ;) ) and wasn't sure what to wear but ended up going for an old dress I bought when I lived in Edinburgh.  In fact I bought it for my first posh date with Nik when we went to the Scotsman for his birthday after 3 months of going out.  I was most excited about the fact it was a size 10!  (I haven't been a size 10 since I was about 17 and most definitely wasn't even in Edinburgh but it's always nice when clothes are sized like that rather than the other way!)

So, anyway, it's a plain black linen dress from Dorothy Perkins, a random find in Debenhams on Princes Street.  I don't wear a lot of black as I love my colours so needed to brighten it up a bit, despite especially because of the bleak weather to cheer it up!


I decided on my turquoise platform sling-backs (another old purchase from Office) and my Stella and Dot jade necklace layered with my Tiffany dragonfly necklace which I wasn't convinced went together but I really wanted to wear it with my new earrings but also have a splash of colour.  I also added a turquoise ribbon off another dress tied in a bow at the back and wore my Warehouse leopard print cardi.


I took my pink bag with me and added more colour with my bright pink Illamasqua lipstick.


I then decided my hair was a) too frizzy and b) didn't show off my sparkly new earrings well enough so I tied it back!



And something I can't believe I haven't shared on the blog before - my absolute favourite coat!!  This is from Desigual, a Christmas present 2 years ago from my Mum as it's much cheaper over in Saudi Arabia, where I first discovered the Spanish shop and fell in love with the mixed up patchy coats in all manner of colours!  I'm sure Mum will remember how excited I got when we spotted the shop and how different and colourful everything was!  I love unusual designs and had a hard time choosing a coat as there were so many I loved!



I also love their bags and am currently coveting this and this in the sale - Mum if you spot either of these over there in the sale for less, there's always this Christmas ;) x

1 comment:

Gemma C-S said...

Wow Bex you look gorgeous - skinny minny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100