Wednesday 11 July 2012

Dinner with Amy! (What I wore)

On Thursday last week I was very lucky to be able to have dinner with the lovely Amy (of Field & Fallow fame) one of my wonderful twitter friends!  We first met at PenDo in February - she was the one who greeted me with a huge hug! :) - and she got in touch recently to say she would be in Glasgow for a conference and did I fancy dinner?  Hell yes!


It was so lovely to catch up and spend a week night out having some fun :)  We went for dinner at Cafe Source which was delicious, followed by cocktails at Bar Soba.  Amy had her first ever taste of haggis and loved it!  We both also enjoyed a super creamy raspberry creme brulee for dessert all followed by a Mojito and a Cherry & Ginger Royale at Bar Soba!


The chat gossip ranged from books and blogs to weddings and friendships.  I had a wonderful evening!  Thanks Amy!  (Oh, and we even had a brief 5 minute meet up with the lovely Linsey who met us before her choir practice!  Hope you all had fun singing at T in the Park!!)



I wore one of my favourite tops by my favourite designer at Spitalfields Market in London.  I first discovered Enienay the second time I was in London with my friend Ashleigh and bought two of these halter tops made from up-cycled ties and trousers by Nina.  A black and green one and this grey and navy/burgundy one.  I think it looks great with jeans and is so unusual yet comfy.  It laces up the back with a navy ribbon (Sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the back!)  I love her stuff so much (she also makes halter necks out of shirts and even made a wedding dress of shirts!) and have just ordered a new design of hers - a dress also made of ties and trousers.  I found the perfect set of three when in Italy and will update you when it arrives!







Top: Enienay at Spitalfields Market, London
Jeans: Oasis
Boots: Fly London (old)
Necklace: Tiffany (wedding gift)
Bracelet: M&S (old)

(Edit: Since I wrote this I have spoken to Nina about my dress.  She has now started making it and it might even be here by the end of this week!  Whoop!  She is SO lovely, despite my very specific requests about the dress, and is working away with a broken finger - sustained while surfing, how dedicated!  Not only that but she informed me that the trousers she is using to make my dress are Versace!  Very exciting!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute outfit - I love Spitalfiends. I should go there more often while it is close.

amy said...

Woop, brilliant news about the dress! I had such a fab evening on thursday, totally made the long journey and dull conference worth it! xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100