Wednesday 1 May 2013

Pin It Do It Challenge - Happy Memory Jar

This Pin It Do It was sent in by Becca after Roz spotted her jar on Twitter and demanded she share it with us.  :)  The idea is to write down happy memories or good things that happen over a year and put them all in a jar, then open the jar at New Year and read back over the things you've written.  It's a great way to remember the little happy moments, especially if you've had a tough year.  You can look back and see it wasn't all bad.

Over to Becca...

I've been doing the one good thing a day challenge.  I really do think it helps to see the good, because its far too easy to just say "oh my goodness, what a rubbish day today has been!"  I've even surprised myself that I've managed to keep it up for over three months - usually I think something is a great idea then give up after a couple of weeks.

Here's the the original Pinterest image:





And I've attached a photograph of my jar so far!


Becca x


This is an idea I had seen on Pinterest as well and planned to do from the beginning of this year.  Sadly, despite cleaning out one of our cool baking jars with a screaming green man in it (one of Nik's fab items that became 'ours' when we moved in together!), I have been rather useless at remembering to write things down to go in the jar and it currently just contains a business card of a cafe where Nik and I once went to lunch!  



Becca, thanks for inspiring me to make this project work, even if it's just a little good thing that happened that day, it's going in the jar!  Hopefully I will be able to update this post on New Year's day with happy tales of a full jar of joy.


Don't forget, you can click on the badge below to get your own badge or to find details for sending in your own submission for #PinItDoIt!

Olive Dragonfly Pin It Do It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo im gonna do this...so many lovely things happen with the squids and they are changing so fast its hard to remember them all!
Great idea

Unknown said...

I might need to start this - never too late right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100