Monday 12 August 2013

Outfit Post - 2 days in Kuala Lumpur

With it being hot and humid monsoon season in Malaysia, I took comfortable, light clothes which would keep me cool but obviously still wanted to be stylish.  It's a while since I had to look out my beachwear and diving stuff (all kept in a big box above my shoe cupboard).  I love to wear those 'holiday only' things I never wear at home and one of them is a coral and beige chiffon halterneck dress from Vero Moda.  It was long at the front and back but higher at the sides and with it being a floaty fabric, it was rather unflattering when I tried it on again as it just made my hips (my widest point anyway) look wider.  I had the idea of adjusting it to make it one of the dip hem designs so measured out the length I wanted it to be at the front and cut a curve out.  I didn't have time to re-hem it though so just took it with a raw edge.


Unfortunately I don't have any good 'outfit shots' of it as we were in a hurry after getting up late on the first day to meet up with Bella and Fiachra to head to Clare's apartment so I only have this quick phone pic taken in the bathroom.  I completely forgot to (ask Nik to) take a proper one later!


Dress - Vero Moda
Necklace - ebay
Sandals - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Zanzibar
Watch - Guess
Bracelets - various

For dinner that night, I had to make a super quick change as we'd been kept so late getting adjustments made to my new Indian dress in Little India.  We were already late back to the hotel to meet Clare so sent her on ahead while we quickly freshened up and changed.  Luckily dinner was just two minutes along the road!



Dress - Florence & Fred at Tesco
Necklace - Dorothy Perkins
Belt - Malene Birger
Shoes - Schuh
Bag - H&M

For our second day in KL, we did some more exploring so I wanted to be comfortable and wore my new favourite maxi, the blue pleated jersey one.


 My hair soon got scooped into the hat in the heat!


Skirt - Primark
Vest - Red Herring @ Debenhams
Sandals - Forever 21
Bag - Zanzibar
Hat - Primark
Bracelets - various
Sunglasses - Valentino (TK Maxx)
Earrings - Accessorize


I'm linking up with Transatlantic blonde again this week :)


2 comments:

Kym said...

haha! We really did post such similar outfits! You know what they say about great minds thinking alike and all... :)
xo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny

Amanda G. said...

I LOVE the outfit with the blue maxi skirt! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100