Monday 10 November 2014

HomeSense arrives in Scotland

by Roz

A few weeks ago a rather exciting invite popped in to my inbox, from the lovely guys at Publicasity which was right up my street given our current renovations at the forever house. Increasingly over the last year or two I've seen some quirky homewares on other blogs and Instagrams from HomeSense and been frustrated that I had no way to shop in this store of wonder...I'm happy to report that this has now changed! The highly anticipated TK Maxx and HomeSense combined store is now open at the Fort Kinnaird Shopping Park in Edinburgh and I went through to their sneak preview night the day before the store opened to the public on 30th October. 


It's a big shop - 34,000 sq feet if you're counting - and if you like the home section in your local TK Maxx then you will love HomeSense.  They sell all of the items you would expect from the TK Maxx home section but also have larger pieces of furniture, from beds to beautiful, comfy chairs perfect for a dressing table, to a large selection of mirrors and lighting.  We were happily wandering through the store and realised nearly two hours had passed before we headed to the tills to purchase our items.


When we were there, staff were still finalising the products and layout, but I was loving the colour coordinated displays and the number of different items on offer.


These lanterns caught my eye as I think they would be a lovely way to add some colour or detailing to a room.  My favourite is actually the small blue one of the far left.  I really wish I had bought it on the night.


And of course I spotted a few bits that Bex would love...

This bug cushion would go in her new bedroom

And of course all the green here made me think of her!
I particularly like the two green chairs either side of the bed.

Cheese forks!

I was very kindly gifted a store card for attending the preview of the store and it was fair to say that I was like a kid in a candy store!  I honestly couldn't decide what to buy.  I had a good look for things for the forever house, we need some new bedding to go with our master bedroom colour scheme.  The super king bedding we currently have was a great price from TK Maxx (£32 for the duvet cover & two pillowcases) but is a plain pale grey, so I was excited to see what HomeSense had.  Unfortunately there were no super king sets in the store, they had bedsheets but no duvet sets.  I then spotted this knitted pouffe, it appeared to only be one in the whole store.


I walked about with it in my trolley for a while but wasn't sold on the colour, I think I'd like a yellow one. So I popped it back on the shelf.  Yip I kind of wish I had bought this too!  I was then going to buy a giant lampshade that I spotted on the way in to the store but these were actually part of the fabric of the store and not actually for sale, oops!  We need one that is 36 inches across for our living room and other than a bespoke one which is £££, I am struggling to find anywhere that sells shades in that sort of size.  If anyone knows of anywhere please let me know.

After a few false starts, I decided to have a wander around the rather excellent collection of Christmas decorations.  There were lots of lovely items and I ended up buying quite a few bits and bobs for our first Christmas as a wee family.

Golden glittery stag of glory!


Below is a picture of all the bits I bought in my trolley...yes that is a giant sparkly star :) I will hopefully be sharing a post of the Christmas decor in the forever house which will showcase some of these items very soon.


The next time I'm through in Edinburgh I will definitely pop back for another look around HomeSense, thanks to the guys at Publicasity for the invite.  Have any of you found any bargains at your local HomeSense store?

Roz xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100