Sunday 24 January 2016

Lamb Curry in the slow cooker - Recipe by Bex

I absolutely love my new slow cooker.  It was my Christmas present from Nik & the twins and I've used it so much already!  This recipe is one of the more successful ones I've tried, it was a big hit with the whole family.  I read a few curry recipes and then made this one up.

Browning the lamb, caramelising the onions and cooking the spices are all optional but should give a much richer, more aromatic flavour.


I had planned on taking a nice picture of it plated up but completely forgot as I started devouring it straight away!  I've already planned to make it again this week!!

1 kg diced lamb
2 red onions, thickly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red chilli, chopped
4 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 stick cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
8 whole cardamoms
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 potatoes, peeled & diced into 1" chunks
2 bay leaves
2 large tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp of tom puree
2 tins chopped toms
salt to taste

Brown the lamb in a hot pan and add to the slow cooker.  Cook the onions, garlic & chilli in the same pan, add to the slow cooker.  Wipe the pan with kitchen roll to dry and add all the spices and heat until aromatic, add to the slow cooker.  It smells delicious at this point!


Add the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir well.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Just before serving, add in the chopped coriander and stir.  Next time I make it I also plan to add aubergine and fresh spinach about an hour before the end of cooking.  I added the salt at the end as we took some portions out for the twins first.


It was seriously good!

1 comment:

Nita said...

Oooh it looks yummmm!! I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker for a while, which one do you have?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100