Friday 27 July 2012

Sunday Roasts


I love a good roast dinner.  My Mum always used to make them on Sundays for lunch and we'd all sit round the table enjoying the deliciousness!  (Sunday evenings were always egg sandwiches with cheese & onion walkers crisps in front of the telly - Birds of a Feather I think!)

Nik and I have sampled a few roast dinners in Glasgow and one I have still to write about - which was one of the best was the sharing roast at Grill on the Corner!  Nik's parents came to visit us a few weeks ago (the rest of the weekend is still in draft format!) and we went out on Sunday evening to Grill on the Corner for their special Jubilee 2 for 1 sharing roast dinners!

We all got dressed up and off we went...



We started with a cocktail in the bar while waiting for our table, I had an apple & cherry bellini which was delicious!

Cheers!


I love the wallpaper and all the mirrors on the wall!


And I especially love all the fairy lights in the windows.


Amazing, tender rare roast beef and huge Yorkshire puddings!


The sharing platter was very generous with bowls of vegetables.  The roast potatoes were deliciously crispy and there was plenty of gravy (nothing worse than a tiny dribble of gravy!).

We were all completely stuffed but couldn't resist dessert as they all sounded so scrummy!

MIL's pineapple carpaccio & coconut ice-cream - yummy!

My red velvet cake with kumquat clotted cream!!

I have finally remembered to blog about this as they're doing the same deal again during the Olympics and we've booked to go back already this Sunday with Roz and her husband!  I can't wait!!

Grill on the Corner on Urbanspoon 

What I wore...



Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Diamante Cuff - old
Diamante belt - old
Shoes - Kurt Geiger
Tights - M&S
Blazer - Miss Selfridge




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100